Thursday, April 29, 2010

Achievement for the day

My first lotus root soup! As it was simmering for 2 hours, the aroma was a torture. Got me hungry way before lunch time. But then again, when am I not hungry one?

The preparation part was a bit chaotic. As per my sis-in-law's instructions, I have to remove the seed from the red dates. I peeled just one, it's was difficult, then I decided to just washed all of if and threw them into the pot of boiling water.. :-D

It may seem an easy task for old timers, I am a first timer, remember? Anyway, all's well that ends well. Hubby rushed back after he submitted his income tax form, packed "chap farn" and came back to enjoy his lunch with the soup. I put in lots of peanuts too. Lovely..



What's Next?
Our medical health check, which I've been talking about since 1 1/2 years ago. Need to get that done latest by June. Though at the rate we've been eating, the thought of going for it gives me the shivers.


Look for and compile all the story books and magazines that I have in the house (and my oh my, they're everywhere, not to mention I have tons of them which I've not read yet), and put them up at BookCross@1U, for sharing! For more info about BookCross@1U, ref to my blog Let's BookCross@1U dated April 4, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails