Saturday, November 13, 2010

Musings






The aftermath



This has been a rather trying week for me. I didn’t expect to get so emotionally drained when I decided to let go of something so dear to my heart. 

The mere thought of closing that chapter itself hurts just as much as thinking about it before that. Either way, I had to struggle and let whatever feeling of sadness hit me one after another; as and when it hits. I do not wish to block it or avoid it any longer.



“When you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill


Surprisingly on the night that I decided to post up the blog on Odie, I found my 2 furball staying close by me as well. This was rather unusual because on normal nights, they’ll be running around outside in the neighborhood, and those two can hardly be in the same place together. It’s as if they felt my pain and was around to provide me the silent support that I needed while I was sobbing uncontrollably. The power of animal love...


“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda


So, what are you working on?



My Deepavali celebration
We were invited to two Deepavali open house this year. This week, we were so privileged to be able to enjoy home cooked Indian food at a friend cum biz associate’s home. For that reason alone, I threw all cautions into the wind and dug in.

My lunch… beryani rice, chicken drumstick, tender mutton, fish and 2 types of veggies.



I know, I will have to work my butt off after this. But for this week, I just don't have the mental strength to be mindful of what I consume. I needed some comfort food.



It’s the school holiday again
The start of the year end school holiday always signals to me the beginning of the festive and merry season. It raises the flag up to say it’s time for high-spirited merriment, a time to catch up with close friends, parties & get-togethers with families, feasting and holidays.

After working hard throughout the entire year, it’s time to slow down and smell the roses & to enjoy the beautiful decorations at shopping malls with families and kids.






A day for celebration
Hey, it’s Nov 13th, 2010! Last year on this day, I created this blog, named it "carrot head and applemint" and posted my first blog in here.

I was asked for a name during the registration and in that spur of the moment, I just put together something that, uh... doesn’t have any meaning to most people. Carrot head is the nick name that my niece used to call me when she was in kindy. Applemint was picked because I simply like the word and the sound of it. In a way, this blog was created mainly for the purpose of sharing of tips, infos and life stories with my nieces.

It is so unbelievable that one year has gone past so quickly and I am still blogging..!! This calls for a little celebration, doesn’t it..?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails