My yoga pose of the month – Standing Forward Bend (Utttanasana)
If you find that you are unable to sleep at night, doing the standing forward bend pose will gently help to use up all your pent-up energy and tension in your body and mind. It helps to release all tension and line things up right.
The inversion of your head towards your feet soothes your nervous system while liberating the muscles of your lower back.
Standing forward bend stretches the entire portion of the body from the head to the heels and lengthens the entire spine.
Do not forget to breathe deep and slow. For detailed instruction, click here.
1) Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
2) Reduces fatigue and anxiety
3) Relieves headache and insomnia
4) Stretches the hamstrings, calves and hips, thighs and knees
5) Stimulates the liver and kidneys
6) Improves digestion
7) Help to relieve symptoms of menopause
If you find that standing forward bend is too difficult, you can also try doing the seated forward bend.
Picture taken from here
Blog name – carrot head and applemint