Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's up, Doc?







The monkey suit



Participated in an event at a client’s place last week and was required to suit up. It’s been quite a while since I did that, something that I hate doing. But for a day event, it was bearable.. :-D


                                        

Simple things in life that makes me happy

                                       Home cooked lotus root soup

It was boiling and simmering on the stove for 2 hours, and oh, how lovely it tasted! Went out to buy rice, with veggies to go with it, and was enjoying it in the living room, in front of the TV.. :-)))

See my food container in the picture? Bought it from 100¥ in KK. It's a bento set box, so I don't use those external styrofoam boxes when I "ta-pau" (pack) food home.

And this is by far the best picture I have ever taken at home.. :-D


Man’s best friend

                                 Click on any picture for a clearer view

Having to read heavy duty stuffs are not easy, especially on a hot afternoon. But hey, I get companion all the time, whether it’s in the afternoon or when I’m burning the midnight oil.

In the afternoon, I prefer to read in the room, next to the window where there's plenty of bright sunshine, using the basket as my table.


Just too hot!


Timon in our garden, hiding from the scorching sun. One afternoon I was in class, when I got this mms from ST.


                                                   The next day...

Pencil case and file


I was lying down on the sofa one afternoon, reading, when I noticed my lovely little pencil case and my brightly colored file. Don't you think they are pretty..?


Out of action for a day
Two weeks ago, I think I pulled a muscle between my neck and shoulder. One fine morning, I woke up to find that I couldn’t turn my head to the left or right. It was worse at night coz any movement will involve the neck muscle/shoulder, hence, I was not able to sleep for 2 nights. I was in pain. On the third day, I went to the doctor and was given muscle relaxant and pain killers. That day, I decided to get dis-connected for a day.

It was a coincident that the following day, I met up with my ex-yoga instructor – Shireen, and when she heard my story, she immediately identified the source of my problem. She said I sit in front of the lappie for too long & was quick to instruct me to do 2 yoga poses in the morning and evening to relief the extremely knotted muscles.

Under normal circumstances, I would do some seated neck, shoulder and upper back stretches on the chair every 2 hours. However, the 2 weeks leading to my muscle pull, I didn’t do any "in-between stretches" and non at the end of the day to release the tight muscles accumulated over the day. It was the OB exam anxiety, and some last minute unforeseen urgent work matters that all got to me.

The suggested two poses were fantastic, they worked wonders and I would like to share it here.


                                            Picture 1 - Child Pose


Sit on your heels and put your head down with forehead touching the ground like the picture here. This is the child pose, but your hands should be like the picture below.


                                     Picture 2 - Rabbit Shoulder Stretch

I did 5 sets of this, each time for the length of 5 deep and long breaths, before I revert to child pose. You can do exactly like the picture above, if you think you're up to it. But do go slow.

Your hand can be at 90 degree or less if the muscles at your neck and shoulder is too tight and painful. But bear in mind that immediately after doing it, you will feel your entire neck and shoulder like as if it is all knotted up again, only to feel relief and loosened about an hour after the stretching. It was total bliss, I tell ya!

The second pose which I did was this.

                                          Picture take from here

The cobra pose. Do not forget to open up your chest and push your shoulder down. Don't bunch up your shoulder towards the neck. Breath deep and slow.
  

What’s up with MIS?
In OB, we were reminded over a zillion times via various methods and channels not to copy and paste other people’s work and opinion and writings, due to the easy access to pc and internet. We were encouraged to pen down our own opinion/views on the subject matter and our own suggestions for improvement, and were also told to refer and relate our views back to the theories and terminology in the text book, but if our assignment consist of mostly direct quotation/citation from other people, we earn no marks.

In MIS however, it’s a totally different ball game. Whatever point that we discuss on, must be related and backed-up by journals and articles.. +__+

So if you can’t find reference materials to back up your point, you can’t put it down. And the access to the online journals that we have been given is limited..! 

Hmm…. I’ve never done so much online search for journals and articles before, I think I’m beginning to be an expert in it. Because more often than not, the really good articles and journals can only be accessed via subscription… f@#$%¥€...!

Ok, ok, I am quite calm……… I am calm….






Food fiesta

We had dinner on one weekend at Bangsar Shopping Village, at a place called…




The good thing about the place? They offer like 12 – 15 different types of SALAD….!! OMG, when you see the variety of salad they have there, you’ll go “bongkus”!





                                             This is the salad counter

                                               Picture taken from here

And this is what we ordered..



Salad. The top half was potato and salmon salad (ST’s choice) and bottom half is something chickpea with something something (lots of things in it), so much until I can't remember. (and it's my choice).



This was what we ordered the previous time we were there. Lovely!



         Funghi mozzarella, fresh wild mushroom, mascarpone with truffle oil pizza

The pizza is to die for....................... it's yummyliciousss............!!!


If you are there and you love mushroom, you must order this.

You can read more about the place here.. Eat Drink KL.


--moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails